This quiz was adapted from a
questionnaire developed at
1. ____ I often feel guilty about my happiness and wealth if friends are struggling.
2. ____ I don't always tell others about my good luck so they won't feel envious.
3. ____ I have trouble saying no to people.
4. ____ Before getting down to work on a project, I find a unrelated things to take care of first.
5. ____ I tend to believe that people who look out for themselves first are selfish.
6. ____ When someone I know succeeds at something, I can feel that I've failed in comparison.
7. ____ I rarely have trouble concentrating for a long period of time.
8. ____ When I have to ask others for their help, I feel that I'm being a bother.
9. ____ I often compromise in situations to avoid conflict.
10. ____ When I've made a decision, I usually stick to it.
11. ____ I'm not a good loser: I over-focus on how I'm doing, so I don't enjoy the game very much.
13. ____ A surefire way to end up disappointed is to want something too much.
14. ____ Instead of elation and pride, I feel let down after completing an important task or project.
15. ____ Mostly, I find that I measure up to the standards that I set for myself.
16. ____ When things seem to be going really well for me, I get afraid that I'll do something to ruin it or I fear something will happen to ruin it.
A little math puzzle to help your brain...
a. Add one point for every YES, except # 7, 10 & 15.
b. For 7, 10 & 15, subtract one point if you answered yes.
Between 5 & 10, you are at moderate risk for self-sabotaging behavior.
Between 10 and 16, your relationship with success is out of balance:is fear and confusion overwhelming you?
|bio | contact|